The well-being of our audience members and theater team remains our top priority, which is why NewFest has developed a comprehensive list of health and safety policies in compliance with New York City guidelines:
Proof of full vaccination (at least two weeks after the final dose) of any FDA- or WHO-approved vaccine is required for all staff, audiences, and filmmakers across all NewFest screening and event venues during the 33rd edition of The New York LGBTQ+ Film Festival (October 15-October 26).
Approved vaccines include:
• Johnson & Johnson
• Janssen Serum
• Institute of India
Methods of confirming proof of full vaccination are:
• NYS Excelsior Pass
• NYC Covid Safe App: iPhone or Android
• CDC Vaccine Card and valid photo ID
• A photo of a CDC Vaccine Card and valid photo ID
For international guests, methods of confirming proof of full vaccination are:
• A valid vaccine “card” or “vaccine passport” issued by a national health authority and valid photo ID (passport, etc.)
• A photo of a valid vaccine “card” or “vaccine passport” issued by a national health authority and valid photo ID (passport, etc)
Only guests aged 12+ will be permitted to attend the 33rd edition of NewFest.
Masks are required for all staff at all times in public spaces. NewFest requires all guests to wear face coverings consistent with the current CDC guidelines inside our spaces.
• Masks may be temporarily removed while eating or drinking
• During the festival there will be no outside food or drinks permitted in screening and event venues.
• Paper masks, scarves, neck gaiters, shirts pulled up, masks with holes/filters/breathing valves and makeshift masks are not acceptable.
• New disposable surgical masks are available to all audience members.
• Masks must completely cover the mouth and nose and must be replaced if wet or soiled.
• PPE may be inspected for compliance or issued as needed by the security team, maintenance team, and/or front-of-house staff.
All guests must:
• Stay home if not feeling well or have exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 10 days. Guests who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days must stay home.
• Follow the instructions of security guards and other NewFest staff.
All guests are asked to:
• Wash hands as often as possible and use hand sanitizing stations.
• Cover nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing.
• Arrive no earlier than 45 minutes prior to the scheduled screening time. Any guests arriving earlier may be asked to wait outside in line until our theaters are prepared for seating.