Thanks to all who entered the NewFest 2016 Raffle at the 28th Annual New York LGBT Film Festival!
The winners are listed below. All entries into the raffle directly contributed to sustaining NewFest’s year-round programming.
GRAND PRIZE: WIN AIRFARE + 5 NIGHT TRIP FOR TWO TO GREAT BRITAIN!
Experience the best of England courtesy of
You’ll travel in Premium Class to LONDON where you’ll stay in a 5-star hotel, frolic in the hills of the beautiful ENGLISH COUNTRYSIDE at the UK’s #1 Hotel*, and be within minutes of the breathtaking ENGLISH CHANNEL COASTLINE.
RAFFLE ENDS: OCTOBER 25, 2016 : 12:00 pm EST . You do not have to be present to win.
GRAND PRIZE includes:
- Travel for two to London and Dorset, Great Britain.
- Round-trip flights to London with Norwegian Air in Premium Class;
- Three nights’ accommodation at the 4-star Montague on the Gardens, London, courtesy of Red Carnation Hotels;
- Two nights’ accommodation at the Summer Lodge Country House Hotel in beautiful Dorset, courtesy of Red Carnation Hotels;
- Round-trip train tickets from London to Dorset, and Oyster Cards for the London Metro.
Total value: $4,850
– Dinner for two.
-Value = $800
– Divorce blanket
– Girls hat
– Insecure T-shirt
– Girls DVDs thru season 4
– DVD of Looking
– DVD of The Normal Heart
– DVD of Bessie
– Entire DVD series of True Blood
– Girls branded water bottle
-Value = $400
– Stoli ice bucket with LGBT cups, keychains, lip balm tote bag
– 3 bottles of Stoli flavored with cans of Stoli ginger beer
– 1 LGBT t-shirt
– 2 hipster Stoli t-shirts
-Value – $350
– NewFest Bag
– NewFest T-Shirt
– Value = $795
GET YOUR RAFFLE TICKETS HERE:
Enjoy 2 round-trip flights in Premium Class courtesy of Norwegian Air.
Rules & Regulations
Grand Prize Rules & Regulations
- Travel must be completed by April 30, 2017.
- No blackout dates apply.
- Flights are on Norwegian Air in premium class and originate from one of our non-stop U.S. destinations to London, which are New York City, Boston, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, Oakland/San Francisco and Los Angeles.
- Winner is responsible for flights to one of these non-stop destinations, if applicable.
Information: Please note that VisitBritain will act only as the provider of the prize and that we are not responsible for the organisation or implementation of the competition.
- By entering the competition and choosing to provide their details, entrants agree to be contacted by the Promoter and Provider for survey and/or marketing purposes.
- The Prize is subject to availability and the Provider reserves the right to substitute the whole or any part of the Prize for one of equal or greater value. All costs, incidentals and expenses which are not expressly included as part of the Prize shall be the Winner’s sole responsibility. Any costs, incidentals and expenses incurred by the Winner and, where applicable any accompanying guest, not specifically listed as included as part of the Prize shall be at the sole cost and expense of the Winner and, where applicable any accompanying guest.
- Entrants must be 21 years or older and the winner may invite 1 person 18 years or older.
General Raffle Rules
I. NEW FESTIVAL RAFFLE RULES & REGULATIONS
A. Duration, Raffle drawing and winner(s).
1. The raffle will end on October 25th, 2016 at 12 noon EST.
2. Winner(s) will be randomly selected by drawing at the closing night movie, on October 25th, 2016 and do not have to be present to win.
3. Winners will be notified via email within 24 hours and will have 7-days to claim their prize.
B. Ticket sales
1. The sale of these tickets are not tax-deductible.
2. Ticket sales will only be sold by and sold to anyone that is 21 years or older.
3. Staff and blood relatives of New Festival are not eligible to win prizes.
II. COMPLIANCE WITH NEW YORK STATE LAW
New York State law defines raffles as “games of chance in which a participant pays money in return for a ticket or other receipt and in which a prize is awarded on the basis of a winning number or numbers, color or colors, or symbol or symbols designated on the ticket or receipt, determined by chance as a result of a drawing from among those tickets or receipts previously sold.” NY Gen. Mun. Law § 186 (2009).
1. Common Raffle Derivatives
The law applies equally to common raffle derivatives, such as 50/50, split-pot, and penny socials – silent auction- style events that include the purchase of multiple tickets and the opportunity for ticket buyers to choose which prize or prizes to deposit tickets for a chance at winning.
B. Net Proceeds
New York State law defines net proceeds to mean “(a) in relation to the gross receipts from one or more license periods of games of chance, the amount that shall remain after deducting the reasonable sums necessarily and actually expended for supplies and equipment, prizes, security-personnel, stated rental if any, bookkeeping or accounting services according to a schedule of compensation prescribed by the board, janitorial services and utility supplies if any, license fees, and the cost of bus transportation, if authorized by the clerk or department.” NY Gen. Mun. Law §186 (2009).
New York State law and the Regulations of the Racing and Wagering Board require organizations to obtain an identification number and license before conducting a raffle. New Festival is considered “authorized organizations” for charitable gaming and have applied for an identification number and license.
A. Raffle Categories
The New York State Racing and Wagering Board defines three categories of raffles, each with their own requirements. New Festival has selected to be in Raffle Category 2 based upon their expected net proceeds for each raffle and cumulative net proceeds from all raffles for the calendar year.