NewFest Needs VolunteersHelp your community. Meet great people. See great films.
We are currently looking for volunteers to help with year-round events and this year’s festival, running October 24 – 30, 2018. All film festivals rely greatly on the commitment, dedication, and generosity of volunteers. It is a great way to engage with the filmmaking and LGBT community, as well as have a behind the scenes view of what it takes to put on such an event. Become a part of the discovery of original and independent LGBT films and filmmakers from around the globe!
If you have interest in volunteering at this year’s festival, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope you can join us!!
Festival Volunteer Roles:
- Assist patrons in buying tickets and memberships. Training on our Ovation ticketing system provided.
- The Box Office will be open before and throughout the duration of the festival.
- Manage theater lines and crowds.
- Scan tickets, and usher patrons into and out of the theater.
- Provide film and general festival information to guests.
- Compile and organize theater ballots.
- Assist with set-up, break-down, and operation of NewFest events, parties, and other social affairs. (May require heavy lifting).
- Covering filmmakers, special guests, crowds, red carpets, panels, and Q&As.
- Distributing festival guides to neighborhood organizations and establishments
- Helping set-up/break-down our venues
We do ask that you be able to sign-up for a minimum of three (3) shifts, the length may vary but will typically be between 4 and 6 hours long.